From: Warren Michelsen <Warren@MDCCLXXVI.com>
Subject: Norton Antivirus 2000
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 17:24:39 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
I have a POP client that reported:

>I've had the same problem downloading my e-mail again today.  This time it
gets stuck on message 113.  It says this message has an attachment with a
virus, which I delete or quarantine (it doesn't seem to matter) & then I get
the message that says there's been no activity for 60 seconds & do I want to
wait or stop.

She had (for the second time in the last week) 5 instances of a <script> virus. I don't know how Norton Antivirus 2000 works but does anyone know if it plays nicely with SIMS? When she tries to delete or "quarantine" the infected email, her mail retrieval (Outlook Express, Windows) fails to continue beyond the point at which she directs it to do whatever with the infected email.

I'm guessing that Norton is just sending a DELE to SIMS but can it do that in the middle of fetching the message? Just trying to figure out why she can't resume getting her mail.

--

Internet Tools for Business --  <http://www.CyberSpaces.net/>
E-commerce capable web hosting