From: Christian F Buser <christian@rumantsch.ch>
Subject: Re: CAPA?
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 08:29:04 +0200
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hello Warren Michelsen. At 17:47 -0700 22.06.2000, you wrote:

 >So I must have just not realized that SIMS doesn't support it? I
thought it does because when using Eudora Pro 4.3.2 with my SIMS 1.8
(b7, I think), I never an error in the "transfer progress" window of
Eudora.

The following:
20:31:56 4 POP-719([209.75.xxx.xxx]) Input Line: CAPA\r
20:31:56 4 POP-719([209.75.xxx.xxx]) Sending -ERR Invalid command; valid commands:  USER, APOP, AUTH, QUIT\r\n

is from my SIMS log with POP set to log "Low Level".

I know, that was obvious to me. But Eudora always displays the activity in the "Task Progress" window. It displays the commands issued by Eudora and any error responses from the server. There, I never saw an error condition with SIMS in connection with the CAPA command.

It's not a mail client error.

It's probably not. But if the CAPA command is "required" or "standard" (whatever you define as standard), it should be handled by SIMS; if it is optional and does not bring any big advantage for the user, Stalker should not bother about it. And if it is non-standard, I'd rather see it removed from any mail clients.

Have a nice day,  Christian.
--
Christian F. Buser, Hohle Gasse 6, CH-5507 Mellingen (Switzerland)
Look at <http://www.mus.ch/members/cbuser>