From: cgb13 <cgb13@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: "more recipients than the service supports" error
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 13:32:20 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
>I'm using Claris emailer to send to about 60 recipients via SIMS. Emailer
>help says there is a 250 max on recipients. I received the message below
>in my Emailer log, I didn't find anything suspicious in the SIMS log.

emailer chokes on large TO bundles all the time. If you are lucky, it
will resend the remaining as a second email (or 3rd, 4th, 5th as needed).
That is what it is supposed to do. However, sometimes it just craps out
altogether. I have found that if you BCC the addresses, emailer handles
them better. However, it may still break up the list into multiple
smaller lists... the recipients won't know the difference.