From: Jeff Alpher <null@doubleclicksystems.com>
Subject: Re: "more recipients than the service supports" error
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 14:11:36 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 6/23/2000 1:32 PM, someone purporting to be cgb13@earthlink.net
(cgb13) said:

>>I'm using Claris emailer to send to about 60 recipients via SIMS. Emailer
>>help says there is a 250 max on recipients. I received the message below
>>in my Emailer log, I didn't find anything suspicious in the SIMS log.
>>
>emailer chokes on large TO bundles all the time. If you are lucky, it
>will resend the remaining as a second email (or 3rd, 4th, 5th as needed).
>That is what it is supposed to do. However, sometimes it just craps out
>altogether. I have found that if you BCC the addresses, emailer handles
>them better. However, it may still break up the list into multiple
>smaller lists... the recipients won't know the difference.

Thanks for the excellent reply. In fact, the recipients are all bcc'd, so
now I'm a bit nervous that some will never see the mail. I wonder if
emailer chokes in top to bottom order? Then I could put my mail address
at the end to see if everything went through.

I'm working on getting away from emailer for broadcast (see thread a
couple of weeks ago) but am stuck w/ it for a little bit longer.

Thanks!

Jeff

Jeff Alpher
Double Click Systems, Inc.
Washington DC USA

Voice: 202-537-1603
Email: jalpher at DoubleClickSystems dot com
bigkahuna@doubleclicksystems.com
second addr for bad bots only