From: Kreme <kreme@kreme.com>
Subject: Re: AntiVirus Problem
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 16:54:36 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 15:05 6/23/2000 -0700, you wrote:
Any idea why the client requests messages one and two again? Since all 37 messages were retrieved, why does SIMS continue to hold onto them? Is it because the mail client never sends the DELE commands? Is it normal to collect all messages before DELE'ing any of them?

Yes.  DELE is usually done as a separate step.  This helps ensure that the messages that were sent were in fact received by allowing the client to send the DELE.

All indications are that it's a problem at the client end, yes?

Yes.  I'm not familiar with Norton anti virus (I run a mac, after all, what do I need anti virus software for?) but it is not doing what it should be doing, which is sending a DELE command for the message.