From: clyde <clyde@netzmail.com>
Subject: Re: [OT] Getting rid of Sendmail
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 19:43:30 -0700
To: (SIMS Discussions) <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

> That is actually not a problem. when run that way sendmail is not
> listening for connections, only sending out the one messages.

I've actually been kinda of concerned with having sendmail running on the
Linux box, but figured since my Netopia is sending all SMTP and POP
connections to a Macintosh running SIMS that there is no way for a outside
person to actually access sendmail, but it is there for different things on
the linux box to send out mail.

Example of my config goes like this:

Outside ip is 206.190.141.213
Any pop or smtp port connections are directed to an internal ip of
192.168.1.25 and any http requests are being sent to a linux box with an
internal ip of 192.168.1.9

Am I right to feel moderately safe?

Thanks,

Clyde