From: Stefan Jeglinski <jeglin@4pi.com>
Subject: Re: [OT] Getting rid of Sendmail
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 11:54:54 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
 >>  I recommend, again, WebMin.  <http://www.webmin.com/webmin/>
 >
 >I downloaded it, but when I tried to install it
 >("rpm -ivh /home/root/webmin-0.80.rpm")
 >I got "package webmin-0.80 is for a different architecture"
 >I tried telling it to ignore the architecture but that failed too.
 >
 >I'm running LinuxPPC 2000, so I suspect it doesn't like/know it.

Interetesting.  I am also running Linux2K and had no problems.

I haven't gone to investigate it so I may be uninformed here w.r.t webmin, but usually this kind of error is due to you downloading a binary rpm for x86 or something (a common occurrence). It has to be either a guaranteed ppc.rpm, or you have to download the -source- and compile it (source-compile is what I would expect, -unless- the whole thing is a tk or perl script for example). Virtually every rpm for ppc I've seen actually has the "ppc" in the rpm's name.

Try rpm -qpl webmin-0.80.rpm and see what the package contents are; maybe that will yield a clue..

Stefan Jeglinski