From: Technical Support, Stalker Labs <support@stalker.com>
Subject: Re: DUL RBL and trusted hosts
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 13:16:52 +0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

On Sat, Jun 24, 2000, 18:16:55 GMT
  Elliot Wilen, <ewilen@mprinc.com> wrote:

>I agree with Tod, and I'd request that Stalker go a step further: bypass
>RBL checking for a given IP address if a successful POP access has been
>conducted in the last N minutes, just as with relaying.
>
>(This may already be there--I haven't tested. But given Tod's experience,
>I thought I'd mention it.)

IP addresses auth'ed via POP work this way in 1.8b8. Due to my mistake SMTP AUTH was left out of this protocol, but starting with 1.8b9d3 it also places the auth'ed IP on the temp client list.

>Also, I assume that if you put an IP in the client IP address list, no
>RBL checking is done on connections from that address. Is that right? If
>not, it's another common-sense idea which could be useful.

But don't we want the locally administered Client IP list to take precedence over remotely administered RBLs?

Best regards,
Dmitry Akindinov