From: Christian F Buser <christian@rumantsch.ch>
Subject: Re: how to impersonate myself
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 16:47:17 +0200
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hello Christopher. At 10:00 -0400 27.06.2000, you wrote:

I do the same.  What would be nice would be an email client, even just an
SMTP client, that has the email address/reply-to settings as fields in any
new email.  In most cases though once I've started emailing back and forth
with a human instead of filling out a form, I just use my real email adress.

 > But occasionally, I find I need to correspond using one of these
 fictitious addresses w/ the company in question, so I quickly create a
 new acct using the Emailer client (I have an acct I use over and over for
 this purpose) and send off an email.

 This is a rather cumbersome technique. I was wondering what other
 strategies people use to avoid dropping their main email addr all over
 > the net, and how to perhaps improve my strategy using emailer.

Using Eudora 4.3.2, my "From:"-field is editable. I can put there whatever I like, and it is used as an outgoing address. I don't need to first create a new "identity" (or "personality", to speak with Qualcomm's terminology). It may have something to do with the Eudora plug-ins I use, or it may be a function of Eudora itself; I did not test it.

Adam's Plug-In 1.0.7
Kill X-Sender
Esoteric Settings 4.3
Forward prefix

Hope this helps. Best wishes, Christian.
--
Christian F. Buser, Hohle Gasse 6, CH-5507 Mellingen (Switzerland)
Look at <http://www.mus.ch/members/cbuser>