From: Jerry Pasker <info@n-connect.net>
Subject: Re: pw privacy [was: has anyone seen this before....]
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 20:45:03 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Bill Cole said:

>I think it is better that the passwords get shown in the logs, because it
>makes obvious the necessity of maintaining security on the physical box
>and on access to the SIMS directory.

I agree with Bill.  That's very important.

More importantly, it's priceless to tell a user to take off their caps
lock, when they're having difficulty with their e-mail program. And when
they have a space in their password.  Or a space after it.  Or are
capitalizing the wrong letter.  Support calls that could take several
minutes to resolve are able to be resolved in the time it takes to launch a
web browser. All things that are made possible by the current way of doing
things.  Keep it the same.  Please.

-Jerry