From: Steve Linford <steve@uxn.com>
Subject: Re: Obvious spam address
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 20:16:34 +0100
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
>From Daniel Solomons, received 05/07/2000, 6:59 pm +0100 (GMT):
> At 6:23 PM +0100 7/5/00, Steve Linford wrote:
> >Problem is that that's only an obvious spam address to a human, to SIMS
> >that's just ASCII - it doesn't know that "A24kJf32" is any different to
> >"Fred108".
>
> Not so - Fred108 only has one set of numbers in the name.

Yes but money4U@msn.com also has only one and would also definately be
spam. You could route usernames that end in numbers to error, but I can't
imagine any algorithm that could treat A24kJf32 as spam without bouncing
real mail.
Some of my customers get mail from lists with long Reply-Tos like
"bounce22-somelist-43234-somename@list.foo.com"

What would be fabulous in SIMS would be to have a user-defined list of
'Stop words' which would cause SIMS to bounce a message, like "S.1618",
"this is not spam", "just press delete", etc. (which could also be used to
bounce emails with Windoze virii by entering "I love You")

  Steve Linford