From: Stefan Jeglinski <jeglin@4pi.com>
Subject: Re: (not so) Obvious spam address
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 17:57:40 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
The problem I see in Daniel's argument, and the one that I think most here subscribe to, is not the functionality that he requests. Sure, we'd all like a magic bullet. And I'd say that SIMS is as close to as we've come and are going to come. Reason being that "free" is part of the magic.

So, we should continue to request "pretty please" improvements to this fine program. Daniel, I think that people are sort of ganging up on you, because of a slight chip on your shoulder it would seem. I'm sure I quite wrong in reality about the chip, but appearances count in listee's impressions.

You actually used the word "silly" in a backhanded reference to SIMS. I'm not saying your ideas are necessarily bad, and we are all big enough here to let "silly" slide off the back, but from your writings I respectfully submit that you do not appear to be a C/C++ programmer. Can a computer do what you want? Of course. Can it be programmed? Sure. Will it interfere with a lean and mean mail server? Maybe, maybe not. Can it be implemented faster or more wisely in the plodding pace that is customary for FREE software? As a programmer myself, I say doubtful. If you think otherwise, it is definitely time for you to put up or shut up. Even if you protest that you are not a SIMS developer, I know of 2 front/back ends for SIMS that have been written (Mailburst and a web mail interface whose name escapes me [check archives]). So, like I said before, hop to it. Meanwhile, keep your suggestions coming. I don't care if you respect my opinion or not, but I think a bit more respect for the SIMS developers is in order.

I think a REAL SIMS programmer (Dmitry for example) could say a lot here. I learned a long time ago (as a programmer) not to use the words "silly," "easy," etc. Got burned too many times.

Stefan Jeglinski