From: Cerebus D Aardvark <kreme@kreme.com>
Subject: Re: (not so) Obvious spam address
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 09:26:03 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 7/6/00 at 00:52 -0700, Jesse Proudman (Lists Account) said:
I figured it all out - :)

SIMS is the hook

You fall in love with SIMS, out grow it, and switch to Communigate Pro while
stalker nets thousands of dollars.

Of course.  Hasn't this been the point from the beginning?

I mean, SIMS fills the needs of the vast majority of mac mail server needs.  For the most part, the things it can't do are the things that CommuniGate does.  When you need more than SIMS can provide, move up and drop the dime, so to speak.

I do think more verbose wildcards would be a good idea, and as far as I know this isn't a feature even in CommuniGate.  My only concern is what sort of impact that will have on the overall speed of mail processing.

I am seriously considering going to sendmail, though, which will eliminate a lot of issues and get me ready for OS X.  The only thing really holding me back is that I would need to replace the hardware my current mail server uses in order to install Linux PPC and there is _nothing_ else that 6200 is suitable for except perhaps holding down large stack of loose paper.