From: Technical Support, Stalker Labs <support@stalker.com>
Subject: Re: (not so) Obvious spam address
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 20:57:50 +0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

On Thu, Jul 6, 2000, 15:26:03 GMT
  Cerebus D Aardvark, <kreme@kreme.com> wrote:

>On 7/6/00 at 00:52 -0700, Jesse Proudman (Lists Account) said:
>>I figured it all out - :)
>>
>>SIMS is the hook
>>
>>You fall in love with SIMS, out grow it, and switch to Communigate Pro while
>>stalker nets thousands of dollars.
>
>Of course.  Hasn't this been the point from the beginning?

;-)

>I mean, SIMS fills the needs of the vast majority of mac mail server
>needs.  For the most part, the things it can't do are the things that
>CommuniGate does.  When you need more than SIMS can provide, move up
>and drop the dime, so to speak.
>
>I do think more verbose wildcards would be a good idea, and as far as
>I know this isn't a feature even in CommuniGate.  My only concern is
>what sort of impact that will have on the overall speed of mail
>processing.

It's not even in CGPro. But for SIMS it's already in works. The code is in the latest development versions but not activated.

The implementation does not use the bsd egrep libs, as someone suggested - they are kinda "brute-force" and would also make existing router tables incompatible.

Best regards,
Dmitry Akindinov