From: Daniel Solomons <daniel@oo.net>
Subject: Re: (not so) Obvious spam address
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 12:15:53 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hello -

At 9:26 AM -0600 7/6/00, Cerebus D Aardvark wrote:
I mean, SIMS fills the needs of the vast majority of mac mail server
needs.  For the most part, the things it can't do are the things that
CommuniGate does.  When you need more than SIMS can provide, move up
and drop the dime, so to speak.

Absolutely. Except when it comes to spam. Personally, I'd like to see everyone able to block spam as effectively as possible :-)

I do think more verbose wildcards would be a good idea, and as far as
I know this isn't a feature even in CommuniGate.

That's my understanding, too.

  My only concern is
what sort of impact that will have on the overall speed of mail
processing.

It should be extremely light overhead.

I am seriously considering going to sendmail, though, which will
eliminate a lot of issues and get me ready for OS X.

True, but don't you find this a shame?

  The only thing
really holding me back is that I would need to replace the hardware
my current mail server uses in order to install Linux PPC and there
is _nothing_ else that 6200 is suitable for except perhaps holding
down large stack of loose paper.

You should be able to install Linux on a 6200....

Daniel

--

Daniel Solomons
Internet Central