From: Dan MacDonald <danmac@rohada.com>
Subject: Re: How do I stop relay?
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 11:48:40 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

>> You have to check mail before you send it.
>

>I don't think OE supports that. Since most of my clients use OE, I think I
>will tell them to use their own SMTP.

Although OE doesn't do this by default it's quite easy to accomplish in
version 5. I'm not sure about 4.5 since I don't have it anymore and didn't
get terribly familiar with it.

Go to the Edit Schedules dialog box via; Tools/Run Schedule/Edit Schedules

Now; File/New/Schedule  brings up a dialog with the default being to check
mail for the current account. All the user has to do is give the schedule a
name and click OK. From then on choosing that item from the Tools:Run
Schedule menu will check without sending first.

This may seem machiavelian but I got a call from my sister yesterday having
the same problem with her work account. So it appears M Sexchange is using
the same AUTH requirements. This will become more common as time goes on.
Proof that SPAM inconveniences everybody in the end.

It's up to you to decide if it's more trouble to instruct your users to do
this or configure for a different SMTP server.

Dan