From: Steve Linford <steve@uxn.com>
Subject: SMTP Error codes
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 15:58:44 +0100
To: <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On Monday a server blacklisted by the RSS tried to send a message to one of
my customers and hit SIMS's "591 get lost" message, which it ignored and
just carried on reconnecting to me and trying to submit mail another 740
times, getting "591 get lost" every time.

The admin of the blacklisted server, and my customer who's in the loop, now
wants to know why my SIMS server is giving "bogus" error messages.
Basically he's says "591" is not a valid RFC error number...

The onus is on me to prove it... anyone know of an RFC that shows that 591
is a perfectly valid error number?

  Steve Linford