From: Technical Support, Stalker Labs <support@stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Account file format
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 22:21:34 +0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

On Wed, Jul 12, 2000, 15:22:40 GMT
  Serge Belleudy-d'Espinose, <sam@ijm.jussieu.fr> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>This is a question for all the RFC gurus out there.
>
>I'm writing a quick-and-dirty applescript to parse a mailbox and resubmit
>every single mail inside. Can I rely on the initial 'From ' line always
>being followed by 'Return-path'?
>If not, and assuming I don't want to use any regex osax, how can I be sure
>that the 'From ' line is really a rfc header, and not the word 'from' at
>the beginning of a line - as I've seen many times?

This is an ugly BSD mailbox limitation and SIMS uses the standard workaround for this: whenever a line in the received message body starts with "From ", that line is preceded with ">". So mailbox parsing will work ok, but this workaround may wreck digital signatures, if any were applied to the message...

Best regards,
Dmitry Akindinov