From: Bill Cole <listbill@scconsult.com>
Subject: Re: Account file format
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:28:38 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 5:55 PM +0800 7/13/00, LiangTyan Fui  imposed structure on a stream of
electrons, yielding:

>But Dimity the recent SIMS doesn't add ">" to "From" anymore.
>I discovered this recently - and my usual method of interpreting the "From"
>as mark of beginning of email has failed.

Because of the problem with whacking digital signatures, this is something
that should be done by clients, not servers. MUA's that do not escape
'^From ' before sending are going to break nothing but other MUA's that
use the BSD mailbox format, and it is not safe (or proper) for servers to
do the escaping.

--
Bill Cole
MAPS L.L.C. Consulting Services Group