From: Tod Fitch <tod@LTFdesign.com>
Subject: Re: Anti-Spam Problems
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:40:00 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Your setup sounds almost exactly like mine, except mine works. Checking my SIMS setup (v1.8b8 by the way) the only difference I see is that I have "Advertise AUTH Capability" checked. But I remember that it worked prior to my having that checked (I set "Advertise AUTH Capability" so that I can send from my laptop without having to check before sending.)

One thought comes to mind: Do you have IPNetRouter configured for "Local NAT"? Also, do you use the public IP address when accessing SIMS from the LAN. Could it be that IPNetRouter is changing the datagrams to look like they are coming from the server rather than your client? You might try adding the server's public IP address to the list of client hosts.

Regards,
Tod