From: Webmaster <webmaster@homes-magazine.com>
Subject: Re: Anti-Spam Problems
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:35:15 -0700
To: <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 07/17/00, Peter Jones wrote:

> Tod: Thanks for the input. Based on your note, I added my _external_ IP
> address to the "Client Hosts" window and now mail flows normally. That is,
> the "relayable" client hosts are
>
> 192.168.0.2-192.168.0.254
> 216.233.216.226
>
> (The second line wasn't there before, and it's my "external" world [public]
> IP address.)
>
> I'm not sure why it works, but it does, and I'm not complaining!

You said that you've got 'Verify Return Paths' turned on. If the 'Return
path:' of messages sent from your 'problem' workstation looks something like
'user@thejonesfamily.org', then SIMS is going to look up thejonesfamily.org,
which resolves to your public IP, 216.233.216.226. Unless I just haven't had
enough coffee yet this morning, that would be the reason that address needs to
be in your clients list.

                   Christopher Bort | cbort@homes-magazine.com
            Webmaster, Global Homes | webmaster@homes-magazine.com
      <http://www.globalhomes.com/> | PGP public key available on request