From: Stefan Jeglinski <jeglin@4pi.com>
Subject: Re: RFC 1894
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 14:00:03 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
OK, I';ve been trying to figure out why I get kicked off this particular
mailing list with alarming frequency and I finally got a rather snippy
reply (probably in part because I posted to the list, oops :-)

If your MTA was RFC 1894 compliant, automatic notifications of
the delivery problems would be sent and you'd get 3 day's grace before
you get removed from the list by the automated bounce handler.
<<<<

I looked up RFC 1894 which is "An Extensible Message Format for Delivery
Status Notifications." [DSN]

So, is this something that SIMS is doing?  Should do?  I've never heard of
this before.

For the record, I am on bunch of mailing lists and only have the problem
with this _one_ so not sure what is going on.

I didn't see any list responses to this, but I'd like to chime in and say that I also have gotten the same comment from list admins: "If your MTA was RFC 1894 compliant, blah blah blah."

Can we get a definitive statement from Stalker on this? While it's one thing to be strictly compliant, or not strictly compliant when there is ambiguity in the RFCs, it's another when we occasionally deal with a BOFH.

Stefan Jeglinski