From: Simon Forster <simon@ldml.com>
Subject: Re: SIMS as relay server
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 13:05:39 +0100
To: (SIMS Discussions) <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
> I have set up a copy of SIMS as a secondary server using the router entry:
>
> ldml.com = ldml.com.smtp
>
> However, this doesn't seem to be working as I get the log message:
>
> 12:21:34 1 SMTP-010(213.219.39.178) SPAM? Recipient '<simon@ldml.com>'
> rejected: user unknown
>
> Yes, simon@ldml.com is unknown to this machine but it should push this email
> straight on to my primary. Or am I missing a trick here?
>
> Well, obviously I am.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> TIA
>
> Simon

I guess I'm in gab (talk - in case this is a UKism) to myself mode today.
Sorry you guys have to listen to this nonsense.

Anyway, I'd taken the 'Domain Name' setting (in 'General') literally and had
put in the name of the domain as opposed to the name of the server.
Originally, I'd set it to the servers name but then I read what it was
asking for and thought that maybe it wanted the domain name that the server
was meant to be working with. However, this didn't make much sense to me
(for obvious reasons) so I switched it back when I was having problems.
Problem solved.

All good fun :-)

Simon Forster