From: Mike Schlatmann <mike@macrevolution.com>
Subject: adding ORBS??
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 11:25:50 -0700
To: (SIMS Discussions) <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hi Gang,

We have been using RBL for some time now and it has helped cut down or in
coming SPAM... Now we want to add ORBS too..

OK, I went into SMTP on SIMS 1.8b8 and in the RBL server list I put
relays.orbs.org and updated... but when I sent the test message to
nelson-orbs-test@crynwr.com I got back "Uh-oh, your ORBS block is not
working!" and the results was this....

Testing your ORBS block.  See http://www.crynwr.com/spam/ for more info

Here's how the conversation looked from lgm.crynwr.com.
Note that some sites don't apply the ORBS block to postmaster, so
I use your envelope sender as the To: address.

I connected to 206.171.228.150 and here's the conversation I had:

220-Stalker Internet Mail Server V.1.8b8 is ready.
220 ESMTP is spoken here. You are welcome
helo lgm.crynwr.com
250 macrevolution.com is pleased to meet you
mail from:<>
250 <> sender accepted
rcpt to:<mike@macrevolution.com>
250 <mike@macrevolution.com> recipient accepted
data
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself