From: Stefan Jeglinski <jeglin@4pi.com>
Subject: Re: What should I make of this?
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:05:03 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
 >From: <larrymichael@netzero.net>
 >To: <RonaldRay1@netzero.net>
 >Subject: Re: SM site URL mail.ltfdesign.com
 >Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 20:33:20 -0800
 >
 >My browser won't load it...is the URL right?

mail.ltfdesign.com is a name of my mail server. There is also a
webserver on the _hrine, but it will default to a benign screen if
accessed with the mail DNS name.

I have the feeling that these people are looking to use my server for
their own purposes. What should I be looking out for?

Kinda weird. Are you saying you suspect they have assumed they can do web-based mail on your server? Or, a more paranoid guess is that they are trying to break into SIMS via the http admin interface. I hope your password is pretty good. Any ideas what "SM" refers to? SendMail?!?

But tell me also, if these messages are being rejected via blacklist, then these guys aren't actually communicating with each other through your server, no? I must be missing something here - either RonaldRay1 and larrymichael are really dumb and like to beat their head against the wall, or ...

What do the relevant logs look like?

Stefan Jeglinski