From: Warren Michelsen <Warren@MDCCLXXVI.com>
Subject: Routing Help, Please
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 00:26:47 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
I use a prefix to distinguish domains, as I'm sure many of you do. I.e.:
<*@snafu.net> = sn-*
Where the "sn-" prefix indicates the snafu.net domain. (No, not a real domain I host.)

One client seems to have a problem in that people, apparently looking at the x-sender header, are sending mail addressed to: sn-dufus@snafu.net when it should simply be dufus@snafu.net. The mail is being rejected -- unknown user.

I want to add a router entry to trap all mail addressed to accounts with the "sn-" prefix and route it to the appropriate snafu.net account. How?

I tried adding an entry at the top of the router saying <sn-*> = * thinking that this would simply strip away the prefix but it results in mail to sn-dufus@snafu.net being rejected for User Unknown.

What am I not understanding?

--

Internet Tools for Business --  <http://www.CyberSpaces.net/>