From: Tod Fitch <tod@LTFdesign.com>
Subject: Re: Problems sending attachments
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:15:36 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 09:09 AM 10/12/2000 , Daniel Knight wrote:
>Recently we noticed that the attachments sent by my wife are corrupted when
>received by her clients. This is true of even relatively small attachments
>of 10K or so. This stuff all worked at one time.

Does this happen all the time? Or only to AOL users?

We've seen a similar problem with outbound messages that we do not
compress. They reach AOL users as compressed files -- StuffIt compressed,
even though many recipients have Windoze machines. Very frustrating.

Until now, I've only heard about this happening with AOL accounts. My
advice is that these people enter the real world if they want to get
business related files that work. My boss doesn't like my attitude. ;-)

Of course, if this isn't an AOL-specific problem, I won't look so good.

No AOL involved in this at all. Some of my wife's clients may have AOL accounts but most have "real" business Internet addresses. My test cases have been from my work Internet connection to and from my wife's studio with AOL not in the picture at all.

Thanks for the thought though.

Tod Fitch