From: Bob Nirenberg <r2d1@acm.org>
Subject: authorization failure
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 08:54:05 -0700
To: <sims>
Hi.  I have recently installed SIMS 1.7 and set up a Postmaster account
and a few user accounts.  The postmaster account uses a SIMS password,
and works fine from over the net.  The user accounts use the the OS
password, and do not seem to allow  access over the web (I get an
authentication failure  message).

I'm running an old Mac IIci with OS 7.6.1, and have installed web
sharing as well.  The web sharing uses the OS passwords, and works just
fine.  I set up SIMS to use a port above 8000.

Can anybody suggest a reason that the ordinary users cannot log in to
mail via the web?

Also, perhaps a silly question:  is it possible to log out and  log in
under a different account without exiting the browser?

Thanks, and in particular thanks to Stalker for the nice software,

Bob N.