From: Andrew Wellington <wellingr@tpgi.com.au>
Subject: Re: "Leave Mail on Server"
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 15:46:21 +1100
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hi all,

SIMS does not keep a record of the status of each message as that is not the job of the mail server. It is the client's job to know what mail is received and what isn't.

What client are they using? If for example the client sends a DELEte command for each message but doesn't close the connection properly with a QUIT, SIMS will not remove the messages. Some mail clients I have seen do this, fortunately they were rare ones.

They probably do have the client setup to Leave Mail on Server or delete after "x" days.

Andrew