From: Paul List Hess <hess2@yacht.com>
Subject: Re: "Leave Mail on Server"
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 08:30:00 -0800
To: <sims>
A lot of users have the option set to "Skip messages over ___K" (Eudora).  When they receive large attachments they can click a button to download it, or click another button to delete it from the server.  Problem is, they often do neither because they don't remember, don't know, or don't care.   So the large message is just orphaned there in their mailbox on your server.  Over time their mailbox grows and grows.

The only solution is to either empty out the box, or to look at it and selectively delete the large old files with a utility like Mail Siphon.