From: Tod Fitch <tod@LTFdesign.com>
Subject: Re: Blacklist vs. Relay for Clients
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 12:17:22 -0800
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 11:34 AM 11/17/2000 , Paul Hess wrote:
Can a client from a BlackListed IP address relay mail through my SIMS SMTP server, if they have a valid account and are using "AUTH" capability?

I have an Earthlink user whom I provide a POP box and want to allow them send outgoing mail via my SIMS SMTP server.  I'm also using ORBS, which seems to block their IP address.  (Side note: when they set their SMTP to Earthlink their mail properly gets rejected, but they don't get the notice of rejection which also rejected by my ORBS filer!).

They can successfully check mail, but not send.

I use SMTP AUTH to send via SIMS when I am away from my system. I do find that when I am using a ISP that has listed their dial up lines, my mail is rejected by the MAPS DUL blacklist. So, no on version 1.8b8 SMTP AUTH does not override the black list processing.

This came up a little while ago and I think the next version of SIMS will allow the SMTP AUTH to take precedence over the black list.

Tod Fitch