From: Serge Belleudy-d'Espinose <sam@ijm.jussieu.fr>
Subject: Re: An ooooold question: SIMS w/o network?
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:53:09 +0100
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 11:58 -0500 12/12/00, Chris wrote:

>But other than that, as long as your dialup is configured correctly, SIMS
>should not know that it is not on a dedicated network. You may want to
>set SIMS to relay all outbound mail thru another mail server, just to
>ease the load off of your dialup, but really, that is optional.

I realize my question wasn't clear enough. I'm working home on scripts that interact with SIMS, and I need to have it running all time. But each time I launch it, it fires my dialup connection. So, I really want to have SIMS running w/o any access to the network.

I seem to recall there was something to do with the dns resolution. But I don't know what...

Could someone help me, please?

Thanks,

Serge

 _ \///\/ _   I N S T I T U T    | Serge Belleudy-d'Espinose - IJM
  \///\///     J A C Q U E S     | 2 place Jussieu - 75251 Paris Cedex 05
 _///\///\_      M O N O D       | m@il : sam@ijm.jussieu.fr
 __/\///\__ Service Informatique | WWW  : http://www.ijm.jussieu.fr/