From: Jeff Alpher <null@doubleclicksystems.com>
Subject: Re: anti-spam strategy via clever routing
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 15:25:48 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 1/8/2001 2:16 PM, clement@hexact.net (Clement Ross) uttered:

>Just an additional data point here: I used SPAMTRAP for one of my clients
>domain
>once and within a couple of days my logs went from 70-90k to 1.5Meg
>because the
>spammer retried every 2 seconds. Changing to ERROR fixed that.

Thanks to all for responding.

A final good point above. I'll chk the logs more frequently, although so
far spammer seems "polite". Have only been getting 1 every day or so. I
guess until that list is sold off to other spammers.

Jeff

Jeff Alpher
Double Click Systems, Inc.
Washington DC USA

Voice: 202-537-1603
Email: jalpher at DoubleClickSystems dot com
bigkahuna@doubleclicksystems.com
second addr for bad bots only