From: Bill Cole <listbill@scconsult.com>
Subject: Re: SMTP-friendly ISP recommendations [slightly OT]
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 15:18:23 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 10:08 AM -0800 1/10/01, Peter Lalor  imposed structure on a stream of electrons, yielding:

[snip: port 25 blocks are growing and while they suck, they suck less than spam]

You need a permanent technical workaround. I don't know what it is, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

The permanent technical solution is almost certainly going to be MTA's that support the restricted subset of SMTP defined strictly for submitting mail and running on a different assigned port.

If I hadn't just gotten home on a redeye from CA that turned into a 15-hour boondoggle, I'd go look up the RFC number. It's pretty recent (RFC>2500) and I bet someone else here  already knows the number off the top of their head...

--
Bill Cole
Senior Consultant, MAPS L.L.C. Consulting Services Group