From: Serge Belleudy-d'Espinose <sam@ijm.jussieu.fr>
Subject: Re: AppleShare IP Server versus SIMS
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:32:49 +0100
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 14:42 -0600 8/03/01, Joe Sporleder wrote:

>I'm curious how many folks here have a current version of AppleShare IP
>server, with it's built-in mail server, whom choose to use SIMS for their
>email server instead? I am one of those...just curious if there are others,
>and if you'd care to share your reasons.

I do.
I've been using SIMS for years - that was after EIMS, even back to the days when it was called AIMS - and have allways liked its flexibility and strength. With ASIP, I wouldn't even know where the settings and mail contents are!
SIMS, on the other hand, does provide straigthforward installation, settings, and everything is accessible. Not to mention that it is fast, stable, does not require much memory etc.

Speaking of solutions for internet admins on macs, I will always recommand SIMS, whatever the machine used as server - my first one was a IIsi :)

Serge

Serge
--
 \\//\//\//   Serge Belleudy-d'Espinose    Institut Jacques Monod
  // // //    http://www.ijm.jussieu.fr/   Univ. Jussieu - Paris