From: Howard Shere <hshere@greendragon.com>
Subject: Re: [ScrIMS] Account Lister 1.0
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 22:20:47 -0600
To: (SIMS Discussions) <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
> As I said earlier this week here's SAL, ScrIMS Account Lister, my attempt
> as an universal SIMS account files report tool now ready for public
consumption.

> Extracted from the read-me file:
> "SAL is a report tool for SIMS account files. It will scan your SIMS
> Accounts folder and, for each account file, will report its path, its name,
> and every settings or values contained inside the files, including the hidden
last check date and IP address checked from."

> The report format is fully customizable via a config file, so SAL is able to
reproduce the output format of other report tools.

> SAL can be downloaded here:
>
>  <ftp://ftp.ijm.jussieu.fr/Usr/gandalf/ScrIMS/tools/>
>
> I hope you'll enjoy

This might be useful for us, but I have a comment/question/suggestion.

We run SIMS on a machine with file sharing off and we do all our account
creation/deleteion/password changing with AppleEvents launched from
FileMaker.

Does the tool work through program linking to the SIMS machine or can it?
The SIMS folder isn't accessable from the machines we do admin from...

 Mac guys: I want complete control.             Unix guys: No you don't.