From: Bill Cole <listbill@scconsult.com>
Subject: Re: Bounced Mail?
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:27:39 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 1:19 PM -0600 3/28/01, Howard Shere  imposed structure on a stream of electrons, yielding:
We have had serveral people send us e-mail for bounces which look like this:

 I send this email to you earlier, and got the following error message:

 <XXXXX@greendragon.com>: host greendragon.com[216.220.140.26] said: 550
     <XXXXX@greendragon.com>... Relaying denied

The IP of our SIMS machine is 216.220.140.26 and greendragon.com resolves to
216.220.140.26.

I don't get it.

SIMS doesn't trust DNS as the source of its true name(s). This is a good thing, unless you think I should be able to make that machine think that it is spampile.scconsult.com or something of the sort.

Make sure your domain name set in the general settings and/or router rules really tell SIMS that it is to consider greendragon.com mail as local.

--
Bill Cole
Director of Customer Operations, MAPS L.L.C.