From: Dave Pooser <dave.pooser@alfordmedia.com>
Subject: Re: Virus Blocking
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 13:03:39 -0500
To: (SIMS Discussions) <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
> Just because someone is too lazy to be smart about their files and
> downloads and emails doesn't mean that it's someone else's fault.

Speaking as someone who administers a corporate network:

Of course the users are stupid. This is not news, nor is it useful to
discuss how they could be smarter. They aren't, and part of my job
description is minimizing the consequences of their stupidity. That's why I
do backups ("Uh, if somebody accidentally deleted the trucking schedule,
would it be fixable?"), and it's why I make antivirus precautions part of my
job. The more tools I have to do that, the better it is for everybody.
--
Dave Pooser
Manager of Information Services