From: Technical Support, Stalker Labs <support@stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Anti Spam settings?
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 17:33:44 +0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

On Thu, May 17, 2001, 13:10:22 GMT
  Steve Linford, <steve@uxn.com> wrote:

> From Alan Summerfield, received 17/5/01, 9:38 am +0200 (GMT):
>>  I have set my router to block spams from a certain free-eMail-address
>>  server. However, there is one legitimate user (not always at the same IP
>>  address) that I want to let through - how do I do this? I assume something
>>  of the form...
>>
>>  legitimate@free-eMail-address.com = accept
>>  free-eMail-address.com = error
>
>There's no way (I know of) round this. If you block a domain it's
>blocked both ways in and out.

Well, there's one trick: if you have some other forwarding server, then you can use the following:

<legitimate@free-eMail.com> = legitimate%free-eMail.com@forwarder.server.SMTP
free-eMail.com = error

forwarder.server is required only if mail to legitimate@free-eMail.com should be relayed through SIMS, otherwise you can use SIMS' own domain name there.

This will work for return path verifications (the .smtp suffix stops the router), but if forwarder.server resolves to local domain name, then the second router record will act up as well (through the second SMTP section) and the address will be rejected.

This all, of course, will work for otgoing relay only if the forwarder does not block that free-eMail.com domain.

Best regards,
Dmitry Akindinov