From: Technical Support, Stalker Labs <support@stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Anti Spam settings?
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 18:01:18 +0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

On Thu, May 17, 2001, 13:47:49 GMT
  Alan Summerfield, <Alan.Summerfield@mail.nbio.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:

>>> From Alan Summerfield, received 17/5/01, 9:38 am +0200 (GMT):
>>
>> Well, there's one trick: if you have some other forwarding server, then you
>> can use the following:
>>
>> <legitimate@free-eMail.com> = legitimate%free-
>eMail.com@forwarder.server.SMTP
>> free-eMail.com = error
>
>As I understand this, what you suggest is for outgoing messages only - it's
>the incoming ones I want to filter (sorry if this wasn't clear).

No, the above will work for incoming messages with return path of legitimate@free-eMail.com, which were rejected otherwise with the Verify Return paths option on.

The router record setsthe "safe route" flag for the message, the ".smtp" suffix prevents the next router record from being applied, so the address becomes valid and passes return path verification.

There may be a problem for outgoing messages, since the same router record will be applied if a message to legitimate@free-eMail.com is sent/relayed through SIMS.

Best regards,
Dmitry Akindinov