From: Timothy Binder <techno@netaxs.com>
Subject: Re: Routing routed addresses
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 10:46:37 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
on 5/17/01 10:05 AM, Doug Thurston at dthurston@mac.com wrote:

> On 5/17/01 8:50 AM, "Timothy Binder" <techno@netaxs.com> wrote:
>
>> on 5/17/01 9:02 AM, Doug Thurston at dthurston@mac.com wrote:
>>
>>> This is an example of what I tried:
>>> *%oa@batesville.k12.in.us=oa.batesville.k12.in.us
>>
>> This is a full address, not just a domain. Try:
>>
>> <*%oa@batesville.k12.in.us> = oa.batesville.k12.in.us
> Hmm.. This fails with a:
> --- The message cannot be delivered to the following address. ---
>
> doug_thurston%bhs@batesville.k12.in.us    Mailbox unknown or not accepting
> mail.
> 550 <doug_thurston%bhs@batesville.k12.in.us> user unknown.
>
> I think that's because there are almost no accounts on the SIMS box. I'm
> using to relay to the internal servers.
>
> Any other ideas?

I'm sorry, I did a copy and paste of your original post & didn't review it
thoroughly enough. Try:

<*%oa@batesville.k12.in.us> = *@oa.batesville.k12.in.us

I forgot the wildcard on the right side. Sorry about that. See if this
works.

Tim
--
"10 percent of computer users are Mac users, but remember,
we are the top 10 percent."