From: Warren Michelsen <Warren@MDCCLXXVI.com>
Subject: Getting Mail Moving Again
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 14:13:41 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
I have a large number of queued up messages (due to my earlier router problem) and I cannot seem to get them moving again. I'm trying to follow the advice from this message:

At 2:14 PM +0300 3/3/00, Technical Support, Stalker Labs wrote:
>Hello,
>
>On Fri, Mar 3, 2000, 11:07:31 GMT
>  Aaron Lynch, <aaron@digitalspeed.com> wrote:
>
>>Once a message has failed, is there any way to get it to try again?  I had
>>to open them in BBEdit and save them in the submitted folder.
>
>That's the right way. Another method is to modify headers in the queued file.
>You will see something like:
>
>R E 29-10-1998 23:04:06 0000 some.domain account
>  ^
>Change the 'E' to 'W'. That should do the trick...
>
>Best regards,
>Dmitry Akindinov

I've changed all the queued messages to have a W in place of the E and I set my SMTP module to try every 3 minutes to speed the process) but the mail is not moving out of the queue.

So, now I'm ready to try the first method mentioned -- the submitted folder. Can I just move them from the queue folder to the submitted folder? It is not clear why Aaron opened them in BBEdit first. Do they require editing before going into the submitted folder?

--

Internet Tools for Business --  <http://www.CyberSpaces.net/>
E-commerce capable web hosting