From: Tod Fitch <Tod@FitchDesign.com>
Subject: Re: Latest Version??
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 08:34:02 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 08:22 AM 8/31/2001 , Edward Salm wrote:
I've got the latest version, but I don't quite understand, why not just
update the website link? Especially if that's the version everyone is
*supposed* to use.

v1.7 is the latest "released" version. v1.8 will be released sometime in the future (I hope really soon). In the meantime all the v1.8 stuff is "beta" as indicated by the name (e.g. 1.8b8).

It just turns out that Stalker beta software is really solid and the 1.8 has features everyone wants, so everyone is using the beta.