From: Warren Michelsen <Warren@MDCCLXXVI.com>
Subject: "Delayed" Email
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 15:42:07 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
I have a client that is reporting "delayed" email. She insists that mail sometimes takes hours to get to her. That in itself would not be too surprising but I can see in my logs where the email in question was delivered to her email account file. From that point on, she says it's often several hours before it "arrives".

She uses Outlook (not OE) as her mail client and has 5 accounts configured, each of which is set to check mail every 5 minutes.

The only thing I can think of is that her Norton email virus scanner was sitting on the incoming mail until it had finished scanning. One "delayed" email included 300K of PDF attachments. I figured that other email was backed up behind the PDF email in the Norton queue.

Anyone have enough knowledge of the Norton email virus scanner to know if this could be the case?

--

Internet Tools for Business --  <http://www.CyberSpaces.net/>
E-commerce capable web hosting