From: Steven <srt@bigpond.net.au>
Subject: are APOP connections added to client host list?
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 08:25:14 -0700
To: <sims>
>From the documentation for 1.7:
"To avoid this problem, the POP module of the Server remembers all IP
addresses used to make successful connections to a user mailbox. For 30
seconds those IP addresses are considered to be Client Host addresses, so
mobile users can send mail via your Server right AFTER they have checked
their mailboxes."

>From a list message about 1.8b:
"The "Treat authenticated as clients" option is also in effect - the IP
addresses authenticated via POP connections or SMTP auth are considered
clients for specified time."

My question:
If I connect with APOP to either 1.7 or 1.8b SIMS then do I also get the 30
secs (1.7) or adjustable time (1.8b) after checking my mail to send
messages with my IP having been temporarily added to the clients list?

thanks,
steve