From: Leonard Spell <lcs@spellnetwork.com>
Subject: Re: Wrong error message ? DNS?
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:27:56 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 9/17/01 12:21 AM, "Technical Support, Stalker Labs" <support@stalker.com>
wrote:

> What's the domain name set up in the General Settings panel (SIMS)?
>
> If it is saase.de, add the following to the Router table:
> mail.saase.de = saase.de
>

> If it's mail.saase.de. then reverse the routre entry:
> saase.de = mail.saase.de
>

> Best regards,
> Dmitry Akindinov

Dmitry,

I have DNS entries for my mail server - mail.domain.com - my SIMS name in
general setting is domain.com.  I added a backup server and named it
mail2.domain.com and then changed the setting name in the primary server to
mail.domain.com.  When I sent mail to the server it returns it saying there
was a loop.
I would like to have the primary server named mail.domain.com so I can
differentiate between the 2.  The answer above that you gave to someone else
- would that work for me?

--Thanks

Leonard C. Spell
Spell Enterprises
Web Hosting ~ Domain Registration ~ E-mail Routing
303-288-9179
We register and park domains for $8.88 USD
sales@spellnetwork.com
http://www.spellenterprises.com