From: Technical Support, Stalker Labs <support@stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Wrong error message ? DNS? NOT SOLVED
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 12:39:33 +0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001, 07:29:50 GMT
  Lydia Saase, <listen@saase.de> wrote:

>Please help, Dmitry
>
>I dont get it.

[skipped]

>At the top of all my router settings, i have
>saase.de = mail.saase.de
>
>Domain name in General settings is mail.saase.de
>
>I get this message when sending to an undefined account:
>
>Failed to deliver your message to xxx@my_virtual_domain.de:
>SMTP: DNS Routing Loop

Whay is 'my_virtual_domain.de'?

>The Domain Name System record for 'mail.saase.de'
>points back to 'mail.saase.de'.
>
>The MX of the virtual domain ist set to mail.saase.de

SIMS needs some clue to treat 'my_virtual_domain.de' as a local one. You'll need a router record for that.

For example, if accounts in saase.de are the same as in 'my_virtual_domain.de',
then  my_virtual_domain.de = mail.saase.de  would do.

If they are not, you will have to prefix all account names in that 'my_virtual_domain.de' domain with some unique string, so SIMS can tell accounts of the main domain from accounts in the 'my_virtual_domain.de' domain. For example:

<*@my_virtual_domain.de> = mvd-*

Soory, but SIMS was designed to work with only one domain, so to support multiple domains you have to play theses router tricks.

>Sending to defined accounts is OK for all virtual domains!
>
>The Problem occured after the reverse lookup configuration for the IP
>address of mail.saase.de
>
>Thanks.
>Lydia

Best regards,