From: Systems <cbowers@caravel.bc.ca>
Subject: RE: Blacklist a domain name?
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 13:51:49 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
>Terrific ... I had tried <spambag.com>=error and that didn't work,
>but I think I understand now that it would have only worked if
>"spambag.com" was listed in the address being spammed *before* the @
>symbol, correct?

I suppose, though I've not tested.  Since the use of brackets is for
account level routing I've always specificed the @domain.com portion to be
specific.

>I'll try it without the brackets. And I assume
>spambag.com=spamtrap would work, too, right?

Probably not.  Spamtraps are an account level rather than a domain level
thing.

You'll see the specs here:
http://www.stalker.com/SIMS/AntiSpam.html#SpamTrap

Spamtraps are based on the recipient not the sender.  I'm not sure why you
would set an entire domain you were hosting as a spamtrap.  Seems to me if
you weren't going to use it for real mail you'd just drop the domain
rather than use it as a spamtrap.

So they'd be used like:
<account@YourDomain.com>=spamtrap