From: Warren Michelsen <Warren@MDCCLXXVI.com>
Subject: 1.8b9d9 and Updating RBL Server List
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 18:15:42 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
I configured SIMS 1.8b9d9 as much as I could using Communigator while the machine in question was on my intranet (with a non-public IP address)

I tried to populate the RBL Server list from a browser running on the SIMS machine and it hung. I assumed that SIMS didn't like being updated via web admin when it was on the same machine as the browser.

Anyway,  when I took it to the colo host and put it in service with a public IP address, then remotely used a browser to try to populate the RBL Servers list, it again hung the machine.

Is there a problem with 1.8b9d9 in this regard?

On the theory that I could not populate the RBL list until I turned on [x] Use Blacklist DNS Server(s), I checked the box and hit the Update button. The changed setting did not "take."

Have I ,perhaps, got a corrupted preferences file or something?

--

Internet Tools for Business --  <http://www.CyberSpaces.net/>
E-commerce web hosting