From: David Muszynski <david@tmcmktg.com>
Subject: Re: Got new Local IP addresses
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 20:26:14 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Perhaps your DHCP lease on an IP address expired and when your Mac
tried renewing it, it got a different address and SIMS is just
indiciating that the address changed? (I've not seen that message
before, just theorizing...)

As far as that goes, this is a bit off topic but has anyone had any problems
with their Mac not releasing it's old IP address and getting a new one when
it's lease expires? Every so often (every few weeks or so) after my lease
expires (which I know about because suddenly I lose all connectivity to hte
outside world) I have to open my TCP/IP control panel and switch something
and then put it back. Then when I close it I'm asked to save my changes and
then it grabs a new address.

Any clues what I may be able to do about this? It's quite annoying. I've got
a 7100/80 with 80megs RAM running OS 9.04.

Thanks,
David Muszynski
Chief Technology Officer
Technology Marketing Corp.